Project 2: For Sale
Design a responsive, four page site for a fictional retail company. You will create the company name and branding prior as well as curate a selection of goods the company sells prior to the design of the site. The site must have:
- A home page – Introduces the company and the kinds of goods it sells
- An inventory page – Shows all or a selection of the items available for purchase. The page should include ways to filter the products.
- A product page – Shows a specific item that has at least 2 different variations for the customer select. Examples of variations could be color and size if it was clothing, material and color if it was furniture.
- A fourth page that you decide on – Options could be a cart, rewards program, customer login page, about page, etc.). The content of this page will depend on the kind of page you select.
- A footer – Each page should have a footer that provides relevant information about the company.
- A navigation – Each page should have navigation to get you from one page to the next.
- At least 4 pages
- Mobile (320px) interactive prototype
- Tablet (768px) designs
- Desktop (1440px) interactive prototype
- Brief style guide that includes fonts, colors, and any graphic elements or treatments
- February 21: Start
- February 28: 3 proposed companies with potential products
- March 7: 10 logo options, colors, fonts, images, items, and inspiration for brand
- March 14: Spring Break
- March 21: Style guide and wireframes for the home page at all sizes (mobile, tablet, desktop)
- March 28: First draft of home page (all sizes), components and styles in XD
- April 4: Further refined home page (all sizes), first draft of inventory page (all sizes)
- April 11: Further refined home and inventory pages (all sizes), first draft of product page (all sizes)
- April 18: First draft of fourth page (all sizes), initial prototype of all pages at desktop size
- April 25: Refined prototype of full site at desktop size, initial mobile size prototype
- May 2: Final draft of full prototype at mobile and desktop sizes
- May 16: Final review